Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stitches



So as of late I have been having a bit of a dizzy spell. And to solve this I thought I would take a sleeping pill and then go to dinner with my wonderful hubby. Who would have known how the pill would affect me. Once we were done eating, we came home. JD stayed in the car to finish listening to a program on the radio and I came inside with the apartment keys. [See we only have one set, and I had them] Because I am a creature of habit I locked the door when I got inside and literally collapsed on the bed and passed out. I never heard what happened next.



JD tried to get into the apartment but the door was locked. After many attempts to knock on the door and ring the door bell he decided to walk around and knock on the window! And that is when the window decided to shatter and slice him. I can not even explain the amount of blood that gushed out...however I still did not wake up. By this time I think he was getting somewhat worried and so he came back around and round housed the door. He broke the door frame and still I did not wake up. He says that he literally had to shake me for me to wake up and then when I came to adrenline kicked in and it was time to take him to the hospital. 5 hours later JD emerged from the urgent care with 7 stitches.




The next day my brother came over and helped JD repair the damage. And JD is healing really well. It just looks nasty. I think he is hoping for a seriously cool scar.













3 comments:

  1. Dude JD that exactly same situation happened to me on my mission, except I broke my hand instead of cutting it open and as for katie I think its safe to say you are never to take sleeping pill alone, ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I hate sleeping pills! That looks so painful! Hope he's feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow minime. I want one of those pills! I'm sorry for JD though. It was sweet of him to be so concerned.

    ReplyDelete